Suspect had long criminal history

January 25th, 2011 by Staff

ST. PETERSBURG – Hydra Lacy had a history of violence against law enforcement and women, and some are not surprised that his life ended the way it did.

Lacy was a familiar face in the criminal justice system, with a criminal record spanning decades. His crimes ranged from grand theft, to sexual battery to false imprisonment.

The most recent charges against him were that he threatened his wife with a sword and hit her in the head with a bottle, violating a no contact order in the process. He was charged with aggravated battery and false imprisonment back in 2009, and never showed up for court, and that’s why the fugitive task force was looking for him.

Lacy was a registered sex offender who no longer registered his address. He was convicted of a car jacking in Jefferson County near Tallahassee when he was just 17 years old. He did time in 1990′s after being convicted of aggravated assault, grand theft and resisting arrest with violence in Pinellas county just after his 18th birthday.

Lacy was sent back to state prison less than seven months after he got out, and this time he’d spend nine years in prison before being released .

The charges this time were sexual battery, false imprisonment of a child under 13 and again violence against law enforcement.

He was granted a conditional release from state prison March 4, 2001. According to the Florida Department of Corrections, he violated the terms of his conditional release and returned to prison May 29, 2008. But the Parole Commission released him less than a week later.

His conditional release supervision ended in November of 2008. In 2009, he was back in court in Pinellas County and charged with beating his wife Christine Lacy, and false imprisonment.

According to court records from Pinellas County, Lacy grabbed a sword and stabbed her in the face and leg and struck her in the head with a bottle.

“She was stabbed in the leg, he busted open her head, he fractured her nose and she had two black eyes. And he beat her to the point that her doctor would not let her go back to work for six weeks,” her sister Carol Jewell told Fox 13.

Lacy was ordered to have no contact with his wife, but records show he ignored the order and called his wife from jail at least 15 times. He bonded out of jail but skipped a court date on November 1, 2010.

When the Fugitive Task Force came looking for him, Lacy decided he wasn’t going back to jail.

“He was looking at anywhere from 10 to 30 years and he didn’t want to do the time and she said he had nothing to loose.” says Christine Lacy’s sister, Carol Jewell.

Leave a Comment

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment. You are free to voice your opinion but please keep it clean. Any comments using profanity will be rejected.