Home damaged by lawnmower fire in bedroom

December 8th, 2010 by Staff

Source: KQTV — Firefighters say a cigarette caused a fire that sent a St. Joseph man to the hospital today.

According to investigators, a man was working on his lawnmower in a bedroom at the home near 18th & Jones Streets. They say the man was smoking at the time.

That combination sparked the fire that left the home a total loss and sent the man to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

A woman was also home at the time. She was not hurt.


Leave a Comment

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment. You are free to voice your opinion but please keep it clean. Any comments using profanity will be rejected.