Eric “The Actor” Lynch Dies; Howard Stern Guest Was 39
(thehollywoodgossip.com) - Eric “The Actor” Lynch, a popular guest on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show who had amassed quite a following of his own, died this Saturday.
He was just 39 years old.
Johnny Fratto, Lynch’s manager, confirmed the news on Twitter Sunday.
“I’m so sorry and so sad to inform everyone that my friend Eric ‘The Actor’ Lynch passed away yesterday afternoon,” he wrote with a picture of him.
SiriusXM radio Tweeted, “Rest in peace, Eric the Actor. We love you.”
Stern personally has not commented, but you know he will do so with a touching tribute in due time for one of his most celebrated “Wack Pack” members.
As soon as his death was announced, comedians and fans around the world expressed their memories and tributes. A sampling of some of his fans:
- Jonah Hill: I just found out that Eric The Actor passed away. He entertained me for years. So sad that this great man left us. RIP Eric.
- Jimmy Kimmel: Eric the Actor was my all-time favorite @HowardStern caller and I will miss him terribly #ByeForNow
- Natalie Maines: As a tribute, let’s get Eric trending. #EricTheActor
- Andy Cohen: Seems like it’s true… So RIP Eric the Actor. One of the great Stern callers ever. He was incredibly entertaining for many years. :-(
- Artie Lange: So sorry to hear about Eric the Actor. He truly didn’t care what u thought of him. Which in some ways made him happier than us all. Miss u!
- Paul Scheer: The only proper way to memorialize the greatness of Eric the Actor is to get him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. #AckAck4Eva
- Mark McGrath: RIP Eric the Actor… thank you for all the laughs, I’m pouring out a 2 liter Pepsi in your honor… ack ack
Lynch first received his nickname “Eric the Actor” after making it known that he would like to act on certain television shows that he watched.
In turn, he landed parts on In Plain Sight, Legit, Fringe and others.
Since 2002, Lynch had listeners cracking up with his candid calls.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, his most recent appearance was last week when he revealed that his parents were taking over his caretaking duties.