Up in smoke!

April 29th, 2009 by admin


Dopey cannabis growers got busted by their own smoke alarm after plugs powering lights overheated.

Neighbours called the fire department after hearing the alarm going off in the empty house at around 10pm on Monday.

When firefighters arrived they found plugs for powerful ultra-violet lights used to boost the plants growth had been “overloaded”.

Police, who found two bedrooms filled with plants, have now launched an investigation and are hunting the growers, who were not in the house at the time.

Police spokesman said: “Our officers were called by the fire brigade who had been called to a smoke alarm being triggered by too many plugs being plugged into one socket.

“The owners of the property were not in at the time we arrived and we have now launched an investigation to try and find these people.”

Source: Evening Post

Leave a Comment

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment. You are free to voice your opinion but please keep it clean. Any comments using profanity will be rejected.